Rising Leaders Service Learning RPF
Statement of Need
The Nonprofits First Rising Leaders program is soliciting proposals from nonprofit organizations in Palm Beach County who need assistance with mitigating or solving a present challenge within their organization. This is an excellent opportunity for an organization to address a need or complete a project for which there are limited resources available.
As a component of Nonprofits First’s Rising Leaders program, organizations can expect a team of between 4-6 program participants to work collaboratively with the organization and other professionals as needed to address the area of concern and identify possible solutions. The final product is a free professional project management presentation to the organization. Past projects were overwhelmingly successful and met with accolades in the community. Prior service-learning projects included:
Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida
An efficient and effective performance evaluation system
Dress for Success Palm Beaches (DFSPB)
A policies and procedures manual
A comprehensive marketing plan
The Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness
Videos sharing stories of success from clients benefiting from services
El Sol, Jupiter Neighborhood Resource Center
A marketing plan to bring awareness of El Sol’s mission to improve the quality of life for day laborers, their children and families
- Proposals for 2023-24 Rising Leaders Service-Learning Projects are now being accepted.
- The completed proposal must be submitted via our website exclusively. Hard copies will not be accepted.
- In order for your project to be considered, submissions are due no later than 5:00 PM on Friday, December 1, 2023.
- This is a selective process; there are more requests than teams available. Therefore, not all requests can be filled.
Notification of Award
Notification of selection status will be sent via email by January xx, 2024.
Scope of Services
Examples of acceptable service-learning projects include:
- Develop and design a complete volunteer program
- Research and prepare a marketing plan for an organization, division, or program
- Develop a policies and procedures manual or handbook
- Conduct a program evaluation and prepare a report with findings
- Research and develop a disaster preparedness and recovery plan
- Develop a handbook for board members
- Redesign a space for commercial use or additional rental income
Important Participation Information
Projects begin each January and conclude in June. Final projects will be presented to the organization in an exit meeting. Nonprofits First will serve as the main point contact and provide Rising Leaders with guidance and support throughout the project timeline. The organization's primary contact person will be asked to complete a survey on the experience which includes gathering impressions on project outcomes and working with the Rising Leaders team.
Service-learning project teams are closely supervised by the Director of Professional Development and Events. Rising Leaders participants are expected to dedicate time and hours outside of their monthly program commitment, over the course of five months, to complete their project. Each service-learning project team comprises professionals from the nonprofit community who understand firsthand the challenges of leading and managing their organizations.
Thank You to Our Sponsors
Allegany Franciscan Ministries
Childrens Services Council
M&T Bank Wilmington Trust
Palm Beach Post LocalIQ